EIPS Parent Survey RESULTS
StaffConnect | Elk Island Public Schools - View Document
2017-18 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2017-18 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 20 questions related to the three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2015-2018 Three-Year Education Plan:
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall Division results represent 2,918 responses from parents and guardians across EIPS. This was an increase in responses from 2,678 in the previous year.
The survey results for Ecole Parc Elementaire have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength:
- Our school is a safe and caring environment
- Our students are developing in the areas of literacy and numeracy
- Our community is happy with the quality of education
Opportunities for growth:
- We will continue to increase in our knowledge, as a school community, around First Nations, Metis and Inuit culture and history
- We will continue to develop and share our many community partnerships
- We will continue to provide clear communication from the classroom and our office staff
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the priorities and goals outlined in the EIPS 2015-2018 Three-Year Education Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
Kindergarten Registration ONLINE JAN.15 @ 6:00 pm
Is your child turning five on or before Dec.31, 2018? If so, it's almost time to register for Kindergarten.
Here is the link to the KINDERGARTEN registration as well as the 2 options/schedules for programming: http://www.eips.ca/about-us/whats-new/post/eips-kindergarten-registration-open-january-15
EPE will be running BOTH OPTIONS for programming.
- Determine your child's designated school - looking for FRENCH IMMERSION!!! École Parc Élémentaire is the place to be!!
- Scan and upload all required documents: birth certificate/citizenship (if necessary)
- Additional documents to scan: (if applicable include: Guardianship letter/Parental Custody Agreement)
- Once the online registration is complete and submitted, a confirmation notice will be sent to a given email address.
NOTE: THE PAPER VERSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
To help families prepare, EIPS has put together an online toolkit to make the transition as smooth as possible. The kit includes information on registration, important dates, programming options, what to expect, eligiblity, transportation and more. Find it by following this link
What’s Your Story? Students Tap the Power of Storytelling
Posted on Feb 23 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 400 student writers and artists will master the art of storytelling at the 2018 Young Authors’ Conference this Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018. The Young Authors’ Conference is a long-standing collaborative…
Superintendent Message: Practical alternative
Posted on Feb 20 2018
Sometimes we need to think outside the box, or differently, to see new possibilities People often say they wish they knew in high school what they know today, or even, were more aware of what they were passionate about. It’s that…
EIPS Streamlines Registration, Information Updates and Requests to Attend Non-Designated Schools
Posted on Jan 12 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is streamlining its registration process. As of Jan. 15, 2018, students enrolling for the upcoming year, including children entering kindergarten, will register for school online.…